WHO-AM has an immediate opening for a Farm Broadcaster to join our three member Farm Broadcast team. We are looking for a person who can be a part of the AGfotainment team. First hand farm experience, a degree in Agriculture and a wealth of life experiences are highly desired. This is a very high profile broadcast position in Iowa Agriculture.
- Must be a self starter and have the ability to communicate agriculture to a consumer audience
- Gather, organize and prepare Agriculture news on WHO Radio and the statewide Iowa Radio Network.
- Use of creativity & imagination while serving as on air host.
- Available talent for Radio mobile broadcasts.
- Attend live, in-person appearances as scheduled by stations.
- Cultivate regular communication with contacts outside the station related to the Agriculture Industry.
- A working knowledge of new media is essential.
- Must demonstrate ability to work as a member of a team.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills/Education & Certification
- Degree in Agriculture preferred.
- Ability to operate broadcast equipment.
- Formal training in radio broadcasting desired but willing to work with candidates who have transferrable skills in other disciplines.
- Excellent time management and leadership skills.
- Submit cover letter, resume and a sample of your work to: Van Harden, Program Director, WHO Radio, 2141 Grand Ave., Des Moines, IA 50312 or via email: email@example.com.
If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices for KCCQ-FM, please provide KCCQ-FM with the name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number, and contact person and identify the category or categories of vacancies for which you would like information specified above to the following person at KASI-AM and KCCQ-FM:
2141 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312
It is the policy of KCCQ-FM to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.